Featured Post

Gallery Photos

I wanted to place all my favourite art felt in one place.... so enjoy!  Click on Gallery Photos title to see the whole lot!                 ...

Monday, April 8, 2019

Little Felt / Fibre Art

Here I have a few small felt art pieces to show....  The first is from my latest 2D / 3D art workshop, where students first made a wool "painted" picture of flowers in a field, then made a small vessel decorated to match the picture.  You can see one picture has a bee in the sky and a bee vessel.  These were made by a new student, who had never made any felt before! 
Next is a small house and sheep wool "painting" using wool fibre, and prefelts, then wet felted, then needle felted and machine stitched to bring out the details.  Sweet.
The last three show the reverse order: Finished picture after embellishments with machine stitching and needle felting, Finished felted only piece, drying and waiting for further embellishing, and the bottom photo is the fibre layout, with prefelts, loose wool fibre, and silk fibres and yarn (just before I wet it and felted it to a firm solid piece of fabric).


I am totally enthralled with pictorial fibre art, and will be making several of these to be offered for sale in some of my upcoming artisan shows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment